Theft in retail is a multi-billion dollar business worldwide.
The most coveted objects of desire are pocketable electronics; smartphones and tablets topping the list.
In Toronto and the GTA, telecommunication retailers appreciate the importance of getting their products in market before the competition and featuring them in the most high profile location in-store. When showcasing mobile and electronic devices in retail environments, the most critical factor is to ensure devices are secure and protected from theft, still allowing consumers full access to the product. The tactile connection is what sells!
Because mobile phones and electronic devices such as smartphones and tablets are not all created equal; different shapes, widths and sizes require custom security brackets. Working with an experienced and reliable custom security bracket expert is important to ensure your electronics are safely secured.
At Resource Integrated Ltd. we’re industry experts at prototyping, fabricating and rolling out an unlimited variety of custom security brackets for every retail environment and display circumstance.
Recently one of the country’s largest national telecommunications organization approached Resource Integrated Ltd. to design a new custom security bracket that could be fabricated, manufactured and produced faster, at a reduce cost, while providing improve security and not compromising customer accessibility. We answered the call.
- The original security bracket was only secure at two points of contact which made it vulnerable to theft.
- The turnaround time from production to installation was 4 to 6 weeks. Too long!
- New mobile phone models are received by the telecommunications company only two weeks prior to launch in stores, which means the custom security bracket needs to be produced and installed in-store within two weeks.
- The existing security bracket was too costly.
- The new proposed solution needed to be compatible with the telecomm’s in-store table top displays.
- The new security bracket had multiple points of contact to fit different mobile phone models and could be adapted for used by different mobile providers.
- A special bracket claw was added as an extra security measure to cover the SIM card against possible theft.
- Each bracket came in a sealed bag and included an installation instruction sheet for store associates in Toronto and other markets.
- New security brackets are always available any colour to make it marketable and adaptable for other mobile phone products in future.
- A substantial reduced cost savings from the original bracket by 20%
- Reduced the turnaround time from 4 to 6 weeks to 2 to 3 weeks.
An innovative solution for a new mobile security bracket, adaptable for various smartphone models, enabling the telecommunications company to be in market sooner, with more colour options and better security at less cost.