Bell is one of Canada’s leading telecommunications providing telephone and DSL Internet services across the country serving over 13 million phone lines.
Bell’s Wynford Drive corporate office in Toronto was in great need of a brand ‘facelift’ to reflect their innovative and tech savvy brand. Resource Integrated Ltd. was asked to come up with a turn key solution for their main meeting area to produce a large graphic wall which could be updated and easily changed out to showcase their brand creative. We visited the location and noted key branding and space components, current office décor, colour palette and technical specifications.
We were free to express our vision for a stronger brand presence and make recommendations to make the space more visually appealng to employees and visitors to the space.
The wall previously housed an out-dated trophy case, oddly placed electrical outlets, along with 2 acrylic litrature racks, which sat empty.
- The lighting was dreary and the wall was not welcoming nor did it covey the feeling of a tech-savvy, forwarding thinking company.
- The wall contained an inset trophy case posed a challenge as it would need to be covered and/or removed leaving a cavity/hole and repairs to be done.
- The wall is part of a main walkway/traffic area within the office and install cannot obstruct the pathway in any way.
After a collection of our insights and walking through the space the preference being to cover the majority of the wall several options were provided.
- Recess the frame into the wall so that it wouldn’t obstruct the pathway in any way.
- Several variations of SEG (Silicon Edge Graphic) framing systems – aluminum and Verde Fastframe with option to mount flush to the wall or recess.
- Acrylic and wire hanging frames.
- Graphics mounted directly to the wall.
- Trophy case was removed and cavity/hole was filled/repaired.
- Installation of a LED/lightbox – a backlit aluminum tension framing system.
- We used a 5” deep frame to ensure proper light distribution.
- Frame was mounted to the wall rather than recessed into the wall.
The result was a bright and vibrant finished graphic compelling maximum attention to passers-by in this area. The size of the frame along with the rich blues and bright white of the lightbox makes it eye catching and livens up the space.