Theft in retail is a multi-billion dollar business worldwide.
The most coveted objects of desire are pocketable electronics; smartphones and tablets top the list.
Across Canada, including Toronto and the GTA, telecommunication retailers appreciate the importance of getting their smartphones and tablets to market before the competition and featuring them in the most high profile location in-store. The tactile connection’s what sells. So the challenge when showcasing mobile and electronic devices in retail environments is to ensure devices are secure and protected from theft, while still allowing customers full access to the product.
Of course, mobile phones and electronic devices, such as iPads and tablets, come in different shapes, widths and sizes. They require custom security brackets. Working with an experienced and reliable custom security bracket expert is important to ensure you can display your electronics and mobile devices while protecting them from theft.
At Resource Integrated Ltd. we’re industry experts at prototyping, fabricating and rolling out an unlimited variety of custom security brackets for every retail environment and mobile device display need.
Recently, one of Canada’s largest national telecommunications organizations approached Resource Integrated Ltd. to design a new custom security bracket that could be fabricated, manufactured and produced faster, at a reduced cost, while providing improved security and without compromising customer accessibility. We answered the call.
Retail mobile device display challenges
- The original security bracket was only secure at two points of contact, which made it vulnerable to theft.
- The turnaround time from production to installation was 4 to 6 weeks. Too long!
- New mobile phone models are received by the telecommunications company a mere two weeks prior to launch in stores. The custom security bracket must be produced and installed in-store within two weeks.
- The existing security bracket was too costly.
- The new proposed solution needed to be compatible with the telecomm’s in-store tabletop displays.
Solution: a more secure mobile phone display security bracket
- The new security bracket had multiple points of contact to fit different mobile phone models and could be adapted for used by different mobile providers.
- A special bracket claw was added as an extra security measure to cover the SIM card against possible theft.
- Each bracket came in a sealed bag and included an installation instruction sheet for store associates in Toronto and other markets in Canada.
- New security brackets were available in any colour to make it marketable and adaptable for other mobile phone products in the future.
- The new secure smartphone retail display could be produced at a substantial cost saving: 20 % less than the original security bracket.
- Turnaround time was reduced from 4-6 weeks to 2-3 weeks, to meet the competitive need for speed in retail smartphone sales.
Outcome: a market edge with adaptable retail security brackets for new smartphone models
The Canadian telecommunications company was able to bring new smartphones to market faster, with adaptable brackets for different smartphone models and more attractive displays in different colour options. At the same time, the security bracket smartphone display offered better security at a lower cost.